Make this holiday even more fun and colorful! See the Easter cupcake recipe tip to make with the kids.
The Easter season has a special flavor in everyone’s memory, whether for its message or the taste of your favorite chocolate. This well-known holiday of Christian origin, celebrated between March and April, is full of traditions and lessons, as well as lots of chocolate!
Among the most striking messages of Easter are those of love for others and hope, even in the face of challenging times. One of the most traditional ways to celebrate Easter is with the egg hunt, which in addition to being a symbol of “new life” and prosperity, is super colorful and fun!
There are also other ways to celebrate the date with the kids, like preparing an amazing cupcake recipe for Easter. See how fun it is to take the little ones to the kitchen to prepare this tasty recipe. Cooking is a valuable life skill that teaches children about nutrition and food safety, as well as building math, science, literacy, and fine motor skills, and it will also create unique family moments!
Why is cooking with your family so much fun?
Whether teaching the next generation the cake recipe your grandmother used to make or tasting new flavors together, family cooking time brings together key ingredients to create unique moments. When children cook together with their family members or caregivers, they create effective memories and acquire knowledge about different ingredients.
These experiences also help parents and caregivers deal with the evolution of children’s tastes since through play it is possible to introduce new foods and flavors to the little ones. Not to mention that preparing recipes encourages learning measurements, proportions, and chemical reactions.
Chocolate Easter Cupcakes with Nuts
2 eggs (whites and yolks separated)
4 tablespoons of butter
2/3 cup of sugar
1/2 cup powdered chocolate
1/2 cup of wheat flour
3/4 cup of milk
1 cup nuts (chopped)
1 tablespoon of baking powder
Special Tip: you can replace the chocolate powder with cocoa powder which is rich in minerals such as magnesium, copper, iron, and phosphorus.
- Ask the child to help separate the whites from the yolks and put them in the mixer. Whisk until fluffy and set aside.
- Then, ask the child to put the yolks, sugar, and butter in the mixer. Once this is done, beat the mixture until the consistency is creamy.
- Invite the child to add the chocolate and flour to the mixture first, and the milk last. Remember to continue beating while the rest of the ingredients are added.
- Turn off the mixer and gently fold in the egg whites. Then, let the child add their favorite nuts and the baking powder, and continue stirring with a spoon.
- Divide the dough into cupcake liners in your pan.
- With the oven preheated to 180°C, let the easter cupcakes bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Once cool, unmold, and be ready to decorate as they wish!
While enjoying Easter cupcakes and choosing the next recipes to make with the kids, you can also have fun with an amazing story. Check out our special tip below!
On a Mission to Find the Easter Bunny
As fun as making a family cupcake recipe is finding the Easter Bunny himself. How about embarking on an adventure to meet this mysterious character?
With the personalized book On a Mission to Find the Easter Bunny, children will unleash their creativity and imagination to celebrate this delicious holiday. On the way to find the Bunny, little readers will find games, challenges, lots of activities, and cupcakes to color.
In addition, the story also stimulates children’s investigation and determination skills, while promoting the development of motor and creative skills. To personalize the book with your little one’s name and avatar, just click here