The personalized book “The Power of the Mask” helps children return to school amid a pandemic. Learn how to create a free book for your students!
After almost a year away from school, children and teenagers are slowly starting to return to face-to-face classes across America. Schools needed to take several measures to ensure the safety of students and staff. At the same time, it is also necessary to help children adapt to the new reality with extra care.
See how to create a personalized book for students for free and use it as a classroom resource.
How to create the book for free:
1. Access the Playstories website by clicking here.
2. First, create your book by personalizing the avatar with the child’s characteristics. Then, simply complete the registration to receive the file by email.
3. If you do not receive the email within 30 minutes, contact our team via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We also suggest checking your spam folder to be sure.
4. You can print the book on any printer to have a physical version of the story on hand!
5. If you are a teacher and wish to create books for the whole class, we recommend that you send this link to the children’s families. Each student will be able to customize their avatar with the characteristics they want and will have the complete experience of creating their own story.
Learn more about the free book “The Power of the Mask”
The book includes recommendations for returning to face-to-face classes taken from the World Health Organization.
The story takes place on the first day of face-to-face classes. After months at home, our friends Bob and Biscuit, an alien and a puppy who live in outer space, arrive on planet Earth. Because it is such an important day, they want to meet the children and accompany them on this return to routine. Bob and your little one, which is now part of the story, will teach everything they learned about the coronavirus to Biscuit and will put together the security measures to have an incredible first day!
Like other Playstories’ titles, this book offers different learnings for each age group. Learn more about what we have to offer for each age groups:
From 3 to 5 years old – With the help of the other characters, your child will be able to understand, in a playful way, the importance of wearing a mask and feeling like a true superhero when protecting their loved ones. They will also learn about other precautions, such as social distancing and hand hygiene.
From 6 to 8 years old – By associating the necessary care with superpowers, the story encourages the use of a mask, hand hygiene, social distancing, and other important health measures. By showing the benefits of going to school, it brings a positive outlook on the situation.
From 9 to 12 years old – Knowing the necessary precautions, such as wearing a mask and hand hygiene, the child is encouraged to be a protagonist in their self-care and to be responsible for the health of the people around them, developing a more positive and light atmosphere about the situation.
+ Tips for back to school safety
For the safety of everyone when they return to face-to-face classes, the entire school community must be aware of the necessary care practices, and both schools and families have a large role in this mission.
Take advantage of these resources and share them with your friends and family! Together, we will go through this period with more information and peace of mind.